Sunday, May 5, 2013

124. Check the Cost of Medical Procedures

Unless you have 100% coverage on your medical expenses, you may want to stay on top of those. If there is some service that you have to have done and it is pre-planned, call and find out your costs up front. Taking a proactive approach can save you a bundle in unexpected expenses. I had an experience once where I needed routine lab work done at a location I had previously been to and they had changed their policies. They were now part of the hospital where they were located and charged me "hospital" rates instead of the regular rates for lab work. The difference was astronomical. I learned from that experience that I need to ask questions up front. If the medical facility won't tell you, then find a different facility. It is not okay for them to surprise you with fees.

Happy researching!

Until Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment