Tuesday, January 22, 2013

22. Pre-Treating Stains

One method to make clothes last longer is to pre-treat stains before washing. Once clothing has been through the dryer, removing stains becomes much more difficult.


Here are a few of my favorite stain treatment products. I have found that generally using a mixture of these products I have been able to get out almost every stain. Every once in a while some mystery stain slips through the dryer and I have to treat after the fact.

Lemon juice, peroxide, baking soda and vinegar all work sparingly. Make sure that you test the fabric before using any of these products.




One of the best books that I have found on laundry care is Talking Dirty Laundry with the Queen of Clean.



Visit her website here:  http://queenofclean.com/


Another one of her books specifically for spot and stain removal is The Queen of Clean The Royal Guide to Spot and Stain Removal by Linda Cobb.

No comments:

Post a Comment