Wednesday, January 23, 2013

23. Cleaning Your Own Carpets

One thing that I have discovered as a way to save money is by cleaning my own carpet. I can rent a machine or purchase a machine, based on need, and the cost is way less than the cost of hiring professionals. We have pets, so we need our carpet cleaned at least two times per year.

While talking to a wonderful carpet installer about a year ago, he let me know that you really should not use "wet" cleaning on your carpets. According to him, a dry carpet stain removal product is the best product to use. He said that once you use a "wet" product, the dirt sticks to your carpet creating the need for more cleaning. I thought this was very interesting information. So, if you have new carpet, seek out a good "dry" cleaning product.



No comments:

Post a Comment